| || |
In 1991 Cobus Potgieter, founder of MSC College, saw the need that existed for practical hands-on training in the Managerial, Secretarial and Computer fields. He obtained an Honors Degree in Strategic Studies and has twenty years management experience in various large corporations where motivation and training of staff were of utmost importance.
Cobus is in overall control of the franchised business and is responsible for the concept, the look, the integrity and the strategic growth of the business. While his responsibilities are ongoing, they are particularly important in helping new franchises with setting up the infrastructure, site selection and feasibility analysis assistance, college design and layout, college opening procedures and promotion.
The same dedication went into the establishment of The Master Artisan Academy of South Africa. Cobus identified the critical need for and the shortage of skilled artisans in South Africa. Combining the experience as Franchisor of MSC College, Cobus and a carefully selected and highly skilled and dedicated management and operational staff cadre is determined to answer this critical need in South Africa by presenting accredited and practical training.
- BA (B Mil) University of Stellenbosch
- BA Hons (Nat Strat) Rand Afrikaans University
- Franchisor for MSC College nation-wide since 1991
- Director MSC Education Holdings
- Trustee MSC Head Office Trust
| || |
Currently Managing Director of Ikhwezi Abrasives and former Managing Director of the Eastern Cape Development Agency. He is a former President of Border-Kei Chamber of Business.
| || |
Willy Gauss [German]
Currently Managing Director of Autopipe (Pty) Ltd and a group of property companies; previously a board member of the Transkei Development Corporation and Eastern Cape Development Corporation. He has extensive historical roots in the motor industries of South Africa.
| || |
Willie has over 17 year experience in adult training and education of which 5 ½ years was as the Deputy Director: Education and Training at a Public FET College. During that time he was involved in the implementation of the National Certificate Vocational (NCV) at colleges and undertook two international study tours to England, Netherlands, Germany (Lower Saxony) and Austria to research and investigate vocational education. He also has over 5 years experience as a Financial Director in the Private Sector.
- Comm – University of the Free State
- HDE – University of the Free State
| || |
Gillian Davies [British]
Gillian is the Financial Manager of the MSC Head Office group of companies and is responsible for all finance and human resource related functions. Gillian has over eightteen years of financial experience. She completed articles as a trainee accountant with an international firm of chartered accountants after which she served two years as an audit supervisor. She moved into the commercial sector to take a position as the accountant for a national company. Thereafter Gillian took up the challenging position as a management consultant with the consulting division of a national listed company. During this time she was involved in all phases of various projects from planning through to implementation. The majority of these projects focused on business processes and finance with a view to enhance systems and procedures of an entity from a strategic perspective.
- B Compt - (UNISA)
- B Compt (Hons) - (UNISA)
- Certificate of Theory in Accounting (CTA) – (University of Natal)
- Audit Specialization Diploma (UCT/RAU)
- Articles of Clerkship - Ernst & Young Chartered Accountants
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management Practice (UCT)
- Certified Professional Accountant and member of the South African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA)
- Chairperson of Border Kei Region of Professional Accountants from 2003 to 2005
| || |
Claus Bader [German]
His professional career stretches over 40 years and 5 different countries (India, Taiwan, Sudan, Zimbabwe and South Africa). He started his career and learned his trade as a maintenance electrician in the Peine Salzgitter Steel and Power Plant, Germany, for 6 years. He has been involved in vocational training, curriculum development and the setting up of technical training centres, since 1986.
He came to South Africa in 2003 as a Technical Advisor of the German Technical Cooperation (DED) and was assigned as the Project Leader to the Master Artisan Project at INDLELA Trade Test Centre at Olifantsfontein.
In 2005, he was appointed as a Specialist Advisor to a Public FET College responsible for developing their Engineering Department. During his time with the FET College Sector he was very involved with the development and design of course material, planning and installation of practical workshops and the management of learnerships.
- Qualified in 1972 as an artisan (Industrial Electrician) – Peine Salzgitter AG/VTC Peine (GERMANY) Qualified in 1977 as a Technician in Electrical Engineering (Energy Technology) from the Advanced Technical School for Applied Sciences in Braunschweig, GERMANY.
- Received a 2nd degree in Occupationally Directed Education and Training (Electrical Engineering) in 1982 for the Teachers Training Institute (Braunschweig- GERMANY)
- In 2003 successfully completed a course from the University of Applied Sciences Furtwagen (GERMANY) in New Learning Technology (eLearning, Coaching and Tutoring)
| || |
Marketing and Customer Relations Officer
Gaylord joins the team as a communication practitioner to champion the promotion of the academy. Having studied Computer Science and Information Sytems as a major, he continued in communication with a specific bias to electronic communications and portfolio management. He has worked as university lecturer, website content author and a marketing and events officer. Gaylord is a born-again Christian.
- Supply Chain Management for Municipalities and Municipal Entities [SAMDI]
- Government Media: Essential Tools for Editors and Journalists [Rhodes]
- Course In Knowledge Management [UNISA]
- Introduction to Municipal Procurement Requirements [Binnington Copeland & Associates]
- Project Management Fort Hare Institute of Government [UFH]
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science [UFH]
- BSc Computer Science [UFH]
- Microcomputer Engineering [City & Guilds]
| ||Tracy Benito |